You are not logged in.

#1 2006-04-27 08:00:27

riwa

Online poker-client lags heavily through wine.

I used to play poker online a while ago and wanted to try it again on Linux. So I got my favorite (Pokerstars) client and installed it through wine. Everything works fine except that I get kicked out of the server all the time because I'm disconnected. I've got a 100 mbit connection so it really shouldn't lag (and never has before). Could it be my configuration in wine? I can't find anything about networking in winecfg. I'm also considering firewalls but haven't configured any (that I'm aware of). The only possibility (on the firewall case) would be my router but I don't know how to configure it (found something about "opening ports" but didn't really understand it). Anyone else who had the same problem? It's really annoying getting kicked out of the game with the nuts!

/Richard

If you must have must. Have must.
- DKE supporters about this wonderful swedish soda.

#2 2006-04-27 09:24:10

trapdoor
Website

Re: Online poker-client lags heavily through wine.

Try europoker.com they have a linux client, which is programmed in Java and works really well.

#3 2006-04-27 13:28:50

riwa

Re: Online poker-client lags heavily through wine.

Yeah, but I want to solve (if possible) the problem for educational and future purposes. (And I also actually would like to stay with pokerstars but that's not my biggest problem though). Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

If you must have must. Have must.
- DKE supporters about this wonderful swedish soda.

Board footer