You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-17 08:05:23

scippio

[Solved] - libinput - configurations

Is somewhere better informations than in wiki ( https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Libinput ) about libinput configurations?

After update I tried change driver from "synaptics" to "libinput" ( because there are some new issues: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 0#p1635110 ) ...

BUT! Scrolling is "slower" and without acceleration... etc. and MAINLY two finger touch/click is "Button 3" now what is right-button sad and I don't know how to change it sad ... I want "Button 2" (middle-button) and try:

Option "ClickFinger2" "2"
Option "TapButton2" "2"

but without effect sad

Last edited by scippio (2016-06-17 09:01:31)

Sorry for my English...

#2 2016-06-17 08:21:50

Alcasa

Re: [Solved] - libinput - configurations

Libinput has in some cases fewer options than older synaptics driver. You can list all supported options with xinput list-props and try them out with xinput.
TapButton2 etc are probably not valid libinput options for your hardware. The option names are directly translatable from xinput output
eg

libinput Scroll Method Enabled # xinput option
Scroll Method # xorg conf option

Otherwise if libinput advantages, like better multitouch support are not important to you, it might be better to switch to synaptics driver.

#3 2016-06-17 09:01:15

scippio

Re: [Solved] - libinput - configurations

Alcasa wrote:

Libinput has in some cases fewer options than older synaptics driver. You can list all supported options with xinput list-props and try them out with xinput.
TapButton2 etc are probably not valid libinput options for your hardware. The option names are directly translatable from xinput output
eg

libinput Scroll Method Enabled # xinput option
Scroll Method # xorg conf option

Otherwise if libinput advantages, like better multitouch support are not important to you, it might be better to switch to synaptics driver.

Thanks for quick info. I switched back to "synaptics" (version 1.8.3-4) and with option "TapButton2" everything is fine (on Thinkpad x201).
My full /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/30-touchpad.conf:

Section "InputClass"
    Identifier "touchpad"
    Driver "synaptics"
    MatchIsTouchpad "on"
    Option "TapButton2" "2"
EndSection

ok... I think this thread can be SOLVED smile

Sorry for my English...

Board footer