You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-23 15:12:06

tonge

Problem with plex media server

Hi,

I have recently decided to install plex media server on my home server, running arch linux. I have no problems installing the plex media server package from the AUR, and all my media is imported into the plex kibrary without any trouble. Also the server is detectable from any client device i have tried so far.
The problem is, that while everything seems good, I (almost) always get an error message when playing a media file, stating that the media chosen is not supported. I always get this message no matter which media file i choose, using the webrowser or a rapberry pi wth rasplex installed, however if i use the plex android app, i can play a very small number of the media files correctly.

I find this strange, since if i install a virtual machine on the same server and run ubuntu as the operating system which i then install the plex server onto, i have no problems playing any of the media files at all from any client device !
The reason i want it to work in arch instead of the virtual server is that, while the virtual machine can stream the media correctly, it is for some reason extremely slow to browse through the content and sometimes (quite often actually) i get an error message stating that the media im trying to access is not available. Also i want to minimize the start up time of the plex server, and therefore i want to skip the step of starting a virtual machine before plex.

Any help would be very appreciated ! thank you!

#2 2017-12-22 11:12:42

r100gs

Re: Problem with plex media server

Hi tonge,

I experience the same things. Do you have any solutions?

Best regards,
Stefan

#3 2017-12-22 11:52:44

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Problem with plex media server

The OP has not been on the boards for well over a year, the chances that they still have this issue are slim.

Don't necrobump old topics Open up a new thread, and post details about your setup affected programs, logs and ports used etc.

Closing.

Board footer