You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-19 15:02:29

paysonlinux
Website

Samba Mounts

I have multiple arch machines setup all with the same problems.
I can view the samba shares from other machines, I can map to them from Windows and I can view them through konquerors smb:/whatever and it works great.

I setup some paths in my fstab to mount the volumes and they mount correctly. Regardless of whether i mount manually or auto in fstab, as soon the volumes mount, I can no longer see them and 'df' just hangs as well as anything else.

Obviously I am missing something because multiple machines are doing the exact same thing.

I removed the deny lines from /etc/hosts.deny
Is there anything else I'm supposed to do?

#2 2006-05-22 03:50:35

murffatksig

Re: Samba Mounts

Can you post your /etc/fstab so we can see what's going on?

"Oh, they have the internet on computers now."

#3 2006-05-31 06:07:03

paysonlinux
Website

Re: Samba Mounts

I dumped the machine and went with <argh> FC5 in the mean time to get this working, but I have another Arch machine still doing it.
The fstab is like so
//server/share /mnt/share smbfs username=user,password=pass,uid=1000,gid=100 defaults 0 0

All machines are setup the same way, but the FC5 machine works fine, while the arch machines hang after mapping. I have copied the smb.conf files straight across and written new ones, from advanced to basic, nothing makes any difference...

My biggest problem right now is making Arch login authenticate to ldap, but that's another post...

Board footer