You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-25 14:41:52

tiago.cardoso

gnome-terminal error

Hi! I have a problem in gnome-terminal. It's working when I start my Arch Linux, but, if I close him, don't works anymore. I've tried to install xfce-terminal, and always works perfectly. If I try start gnome-terminal in xfce-terminal, it works with 'sudo', but If I try '$ gnome-terminal' without 'sudo', I got the error:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In portuguese:
Error constructing proxy for org.gnome.Terminal:/org/gnome/Terminal/Factory0: Erro ao chamar StartServiceByName para org.gnome.Terminal: O tempo limite foi alcançado

In English (I think almost that):
Error constructing proxy for org.gnome.Terminal:/org/gnome/Terminal/Factory0: Error to calling StartServiceByName for org.gnome.Terminal: The limit time has been reached
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry by my english, I'm a brazilian Arch user.

Since now, thanks for all.

#2 2016-08-29 18:31:17

drcouzelis
Website

Re: gnome-terminal error

I think there were similar problems before: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=180103

Does that help?

#3 2016-09-02 22:00:51

ewaller
Administrator

tiago.cardoso wrote:

Thanks for reply. But, doesn't works yet.

If you were wondering where your post went, I think you hit the report link when you meant to use the reply link.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#4 2016-09-13 12:12:27

tiago.cardoso

Thanks, my fault. The problem continues.

Last edited by tiago.cardoso (2016-09-13 12:13:15)

Board footer