You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-28 04:18:38

Ganryuu

Cannot connect to deluged

I've got a headless server that's been running deluged for quite some time, with a thin client on my local computer. Everything was working quite well until some packages updates and a reboot today.
Now, I just cannot get anything to connect to the daemon. The thin client doesn't see the daemon, deluge-console does absolutely nothing when trying to connect locally, the web ui sees the daemon as offline.

Even if everything was working before, I went ahead and checked everything I could think of:

$HOME/.config/deluge/core.conf

accepts remote connections.

$HOME/.config/deluge/auth

has the localclient line as well as the one I added.

Typing

connect localhost user password

in deluge-console doesn't return anything.

Running

deluged -d -L info -l /tmp/deluged.log

as the deluge user gets me a logfile with a lot of "Torrent *** added by user:" but nothing else.

Also, I can see the process running, the deluged.pid is created and updated, there's no firewall rule that would prevent me from connecting...

I'm running out of ideas.

#2 2016-09-03 20:10:18

Ganryuu

Re: Cannot connect to deluged

Ok so I've had some more time to tinker with my server.

It turns out that my profile is broken, as when I rename the .config/deluge folder, deluged creates another and starts fine.
The thing is, I've got tens of torrents that used to run on my server, most of them with renamed folders and files, and I don't really want to go through the hassle of adding them again one by one.

Is there any way for me to repair the profile?

#3 2016-09-18 16:11:46

Pawbla

Re: Cannot connect to deluged

I tried getting a new profile. I did some fiddling and ended up with:

/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge-1.3.13-py2.7.egg/deluge/_libtorrent.py:59: RuntimeWarning: to-Python converter for boost::shared_ptr<libtorrent::alert> already registered; second conversion method ignored.
  import libtorrent as lt
[ERROR   ] 12:42:08 preferencesmanager:502 Unable to load geoip database!
[ERROR   ] 12:42:08 preferencesmanager:503 'session' object has no attribute 'load_country_db'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge-1.3.13-py2.7.egg/deluge/core/preferencesmanager.py", line 500, in _on_geoip_db_location

Which seems it's some bug. I didn't try the git version, but it might work, because I saw there was a patch regarding this. I tend to use private trackers so I just downgraded to 1.3.12 and it works perfectly with the old untouched profile.

Last edited by Pawbla (2016-09-19 03:20:23)

Board footer