You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-30 07:41:50

amca01

Dealing with custom repositories as part of an upgrade?

My /etc/pacman.conf includes the repository needed to install qownnotes (open source alternative to evernote).  When I was upgrading today, every time pacman got to that repository, it would claim there to be a corrupted file, and asked me whether or nor I wanted to keep it.  No matter whether I answered Y or n, the upgrade halted with an error.  I got round it in the end by commenting out those lines defining that repository in /etc/pacman.conf, after which the upgrade ran with no issues.

So is there some way that you can run an upgrade:

pacman -Syu

but ignore custom repositories?

(And by the way - is there a BBCode tag for inline code, or at least for a fixed-width font?)

#2 2016-08-30 09:14:37

berbae

Re: Dealing with custom repositories as part of an upgrade?

amca01 wrote:

every time pacman got to that repository, it would claim there to be a corrupted file, and asked me whether or nor I wanted to keep it.  No matter whether I answered Y or n, the upgrade halted with an error

Could you post the exact messages please not a reformulation?
Is this related to gpg key checking?

#3 2016-08-30 13:40:08

eschwartz
Fellow

Re: Dealing with custom repositories as part of an upgrade?

Pacman doesn't know what a "custom repository" is. All it knows about is a list of repositories you specify.

There is no way for pacman to know that the Arch Linux Project is the author of those repositories, that takes a human asking a question.

As berbae said, the appropriate solution is not to ignore the problem, but to figure out what is causing it. With that goal in mind, this thread is completely useless without actual error messages.

We even have a sticky explaining how to post responsibly: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=57855

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

Board footer