You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-29 15:25:43

cdysthe

WiFi connection problems when waking up from suspend.

Hi,

I have put Arch on a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro. I'm using the GNOME desktop. The only real problem is that wi-fi isn't reconnecting after waking up from suspend. I get a popup telling my I need a password to connect and it has a password field filled with dots. When I click nothing happens for a while and the popup is back. I have tried to put in the wi-fi password, but the same thing happens. Sometimes turning wi-fi off and on again helps, other times I have to reboot. Since I move around a lot this is not working for me. The laptop has the Broadcom 4352 wifi card which otherwise works very well (except for Bluetooth which I do not care about). I used to have Ubuntu on this machine and did not have such problems. Where can I begin to look for a solution to this?

#2 2016-11-29 15:28:44

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: WiFi connection problems when waking up from suspend.

cdysthe wrote:

Where can I begin to look for a solution to this?

In your journal.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2016-12-04 20:32:27

Pineman13

Re: WiFi connection problems when waking up from suspend.

What I am about to offer is not a solutions: it's a quick fix.

So I've had issues with my wireless constantly on me old laptop. It would spaz, disconnect and stall. My poor NetworkManager was often unable to do anything about it and usually would spaz out and behave akin to yours.
I had read about my card and found out that the driver was buggy. And that the card was obsolete(and nobody was going to fix it). So I decided to do one the one thing that was surely able to fix it...

Since it is usually fixed after a reboot sequence, I had assumed that the issue is related to some part of udev/driver.
To fix it I'd have to perform the same thing the system does on boot. Since the problem is either udev or card related, I need to:
a. Reload udev

# udevadm trigger

b. Reload the driver

# modprobe -r <driver_module>; modprobe <driver_module>

Udev wasn't my case. So I used to have a script on a hotkey combo that would quickly jack out the driver and then put it back in. It would also restart NetworkManager to avoid it getting confused.

Wanna know the kernel module name for your device's driver?

lspci -k

look for 'wireless' and 'adapter'(or 'network' and 'controller')

----------------------------------------------------
Really? No BB spoilers? hmm
Jeez!

Last edited by Pineman13 (2016-12-04 20:35:56)

Board footer