You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-08 08:30:38

Rorschach

VPN not working with IPv6?

Hey,
I'm in a curious situation. Maybe someone can explain it to me because I don't understand why it's not working..

My problem is, that I have to connect to a website which is just accessible through a VPN. This website is not connected to the internet but in a corporate-network.

This has never been a problem. I always used the NetworkManager with the VPNC-addon, connected to the VPN and accessed the website. Now I moved to a new flat with a new internet-access (providing me with IPv6 apparently) a few weeks ago. I wanted to access the site today. Connected to the VPN as always. Didn't got any error-messages or something like that. NetworkManager shows, that I'm connected. But still I can't reach the website. It does work for other users, so the problem has to be on my end, I guessed.

To check if my VPN is working I visited websites which should show my IP-address. But I'm getting different results depending on the site I visit. Some show me an IPv6 address belonging to my internet-provider and some show me an IPv4 address belonging to my internet-provider. But I never get an IP-address shown belonging to the corporate VPN-network. So I suspect something is not right.

I tested another VPN, I have access to. With this VPN I still get the IPv6 address of my internet-provider but the IPv4 address of the VPN-network..

So is the corporate VPN having trouble with IPv6? Is vpnc having trouble with IPv6? I need to connect to this VPN/website for my work. Anything I can do on my end to fix it?

greetings

#2 2016-12-08 11:59:27

R00KIE
Forum Fellow

Re: VPN not working with IPv6?

Connect manually with openvpn and check the log/output for any clues, if nothing seems out of place check routing tables.

R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

Board footer