You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-01 12:52:02

zimtröllchen

[SOLVED] Cinnamon crashes when I start Spotify

My last Problem with Cinnamon is fixed and I thought this one was caused by the other problem but no.
It all started the same day. As soon as I start Spotify Cinnamon crashes and does not come back. I have to restart it manually (Alt+F2 -> r)
If cinnamon is restarted i can use Spotify but it don't has "window controls" like close, minimize and stuff. I can't even move the window. It is in 'fullscreen' on my second monitor. it pops up as soon as I click on a Window on my first monitor. strange. (If I move it to a different Workspace it stays in the background.)

The xorg.0.log does not tell me anything no new lines are added after starting spotify and simulating a crash.

Hope someone can help.

Last edited by zimtröllchen (2017-03-06 19:00:47)

#2 2017-03-01 18:38:26

loqs

Re: [SOLVED] Cinnamon crashes when I start Spotify

Is there a core dump for the crash?  Core_dump#Examining_a_core_dump
If there is please post the backtrace for the core dump along with the output of `coredumpctl info` for the core dump.

#3 2017-03-06 18:50:05

zimtröllchen

Re: [SOLVED] Cinnamon crashes when I start Spotify

Hey,
I had not that much time the last few days.
'coredump list' does not show anything from cinnamon. Only one entry from spotify.
But I figured out that cinnamon did not crash. only the panel and the window borders "disapear". I am using multiple workspaces and if I start spotify on Workspace 4 the other workspaces work just fine without restarting cinnamon.
maybe thats why there is no crashdump?

BTW, @loqs: Happy anniversary wink

UPDATE: Problem Solved! I deleted window_position.prefs in .config/spotify/. I thought cinnamon is crashing...

Last edited by zimtröllchen (2017-03-06 18:59:54)

Board footer