You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-24 23:48:16

jbodhorn

Nautilus won't launch from icon or terminal

On one of my arch installs on a laptop nautilus has stopped working, I can't even launch from terminal. Launching from terminal I get the following error:

nautilus: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libnautilus-extension.so.1: files too short

when clicking the icon it tries to open then nothing happens, journalctl shows the same error when launching from icon as from terminal. I tried to reinstall but it fails, lists a bunch of files and says is empty, not checked. I was debating on using the force option to reinstall nautilus with pacman but I know that isn't usually the best option when it comes to anything with pacman. I tried to uninstall nautilus before reinstalling but it breaks dependencies and refuses to let me uninstall.

Am I stuck reinstalling arch now, or at the least uninstalling gnome just to fix nautilus?

#2 2017-05-25 00:04:52

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: Nautilus won't launch from icon or terminal

jbodhorn wrote:

journalctl shows the same error when launching from icon as from terminal. I tried to reinstall but it fails, lists a bunch of files and says is empty, not checked.

Paste exact errors, not vague descriptions: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=57855

I was debating on using the force option to reinstall nautilus with pacman...

Don't do that.

Am I stuck reinstalling arch now

No.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2017-05-25 11:07:41

jbodhorn

Re: Nautilus won't launch from icon or terminal

I did post the error, the error shows the exact same thing whether I click the icon and check journalctl as it does when I open a terminal and launch nautilus.

nautilus: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libnautilus-extension.so.1: files too short

Board footer