You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-08 17:44:00

sfabius

[SOLVED] rsync with Box returning no space left with unlimited storage

I have created a setup for my Box account so that I can access it directly using davfs (described here ).
Once mounted, I rsync with the following command (excluding large video files; I've changed some dir and filenames just to make things clearer):

rsync -azv --exclude=*.mp4 --exclude=*.vob --exclude=*.m4v --exclude=*.wmv /home/dirtobackup /mnt/Box-cloud/Backup

Things go fine for a while, and then I eventually get the following message:

rsync: write failed on "/mnt/Box-cloud/Backup/file": No space left on device (28)
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at receiver.c(393) [receiver=3.1.2] 

The file is not especially large, and anyway it happens with different files. Box has an filesize upload limit of 5Gb, but none are larger than 1Gb. Perhaps the transfer counts altogether to the 5Gb limit? Is there a way to determine how much rsync has transferred?

I hope this is the correct forum for this post.

Last edited by sfabius (2017-08-10 23:50:26)

#2 2017-08-08 20:41:50

seth

Re: [SOLVED] rsync with Box returning no space left with unlimited storage

man rsync | grep -E '(progress|stat)'

#3 2017-08-08 22:43:21

R00KIE
Forum Fellow

If my memory is not tricking me, I think that when you use webdav the files get cached somewhere on your computer waiting to be uploaded, maybe it is your local cache that is getting full and making rsync complain and not the remote site complaining about something.

R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

#4 2017-08-10 23:49:30

sfabius

I think this is solved. Thanks to Rookie, I looked into the cache, which I did not know existed for davfs. I modified the /etc/davfs2/davfs2.conf as to make sure the cache directory was on a partition with lots of space, changed the cache size to 5Gb, increased the table size, and lowered the delay to 0 (modified lines are uncommented):

# Cache Related Options
# ---------------------

# backup_dir      lost+found
cache_dir         /bigpartition/davfs2cache # system wide cache
#                 ~/.davfs2/cache   # per user cache
cache_size        5000                # MiByte
table_size        4096
# dir_refresh     60                # seconds
# file_refresh    1                 # second
delay_upload      0
# gui_optimize    0
# minimize_mem    0

I made no other changes. The transfer has been chugging along all afternoon (transfer rates are pretty slow), and have not had the no space left error yet. So I think this solves the issue. Thanks for the help.

Board footer