You are not logged in.

#1 2006-07-05 13:02:59

zaozao

Joining Windows DC

How to join Windows Server 2003 Domain (Active Directory (Domain Controller) with Arch, do I need Samba exactly and how brows Windows Domain network and Shares?

Why I have this error: "/usr/sbin/smbd: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" when started Samba?

Thank you!

#2 2006-07-05 13:16:00

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Re: Joining Windows DC

pacman -Syu

and let all the updates install.

#3 2006-07-06 05:45:45

zaozao

Sorry but need exact answers for this questions:

1.    Why I have this error: "/usr/sbin/smbd: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"? (I have installed current packages in dependences order in right way! My Arch base installation system is not connected to Internet (I have really reasons for this) then I cannot execute: " pacman –Syu")
2.    How to join Windows Server 2003 Domain (Active Directory (Domain Controller)) with Arch?
3.    Do I need Samba exactly for this?
4.    How brows Windows Domain network and Shares without additional special network browsers?

#4 2006-07-06 06:10:54

iphitus
Forum Fellow

zaozao wrote:

Sorry but need exact answers for this questions:

1.    Why I have this error: "/usr/sbin/smbd: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"? (I have installed current packages in dependences order in right way! My Arch base installation system is not connected to Internet (I have really reasons for this) then I cannot execute: " pacman –Syu")

You must syu to fix this, it requires the newer openssl among other things.  If you cant syu from that computer, do pacman -Sup to get a listing of all urls you need to download, and download them on another computer, and move them across.

2.    How to join Windows Server 2003 Domain (Active Directory (Domain Controller)) with Arch?
3.    Do I need Samba exactly for this?
4.    How brows Windows Domain network and Shares without additional special network browsers?

no idea.

#5 2006-07-06 08:16:51

zaozao

iphitus wrote:

You must syu to fix this, it requires the newer openssl among other things.  If you cant syu from that computer, do pacman -Sup to get a listing of all urls you need to download, and download them on another computer, and move them across.

[root@localhost ~]# pacman -Sup           
error: could not open sync database: extra
       have you used --refresh yet?

Sorry. Where can I find URIs?

Thank you!

#6 2006-07-06 08:21:46

iphitus
Forum Fellow

zaozao wrote:
iphitus wrote:

[root@localhost ~]# pacman -Sup           
error: could not open sync database: extra
       have you used --refresh yet?

Sorry. Where can I find URIs?

Thank you!

you'll need to attach internet then. your system is way out of date and needs updates.

#7 2006-07-06 10:16:25

zaozao

I cannot attach my Arch Linux installation to Internet (Even I can do this I need to download the packages manually to make CD like distributive for other Arch Linux installations (workstations) not connected to Internet).

Can you tall me, please what packages I am to upgrade exactly to get Samba working? But I think I have all the newest packages …

Thank you!

#8 2006-07-06 12:43:20

hypermegachi

you actually don't need to join a DC if you just want to see shared files and folders.

mount -t cifs

will do it.

if you want to join the windows domain controller and use samba as a file server, will that's a whole different story.  it took me about a full day of messing around to get it working.

let's just say you need to get kerberos, winbind, and samba all configured properly, and that's pretty complicated first time around.  fedora's gui configuration made it so easy (but that could be because i already did all the hard stuff...learning...on arch/debian).

the hardest part i think is configuration kerberos.  google around, there are many guides and tutorials.

#9 2006-07-06 19:44:40

zaozao

I will try! And return with the question if arise …

I do not understand why it is so complicated C++ is older language for the moment I think …

Thank you!

Board footer