You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-15 20:57:28

Notakas

[Solved] Adding shortcuts to Deepin Launcher?

I can't find where to add custom shortcuts to the launcher on dde. Wanted to add Wine's Steam launcher but there's apparently nothing relevant in ~/.local/share or  ~/.config/deepin.

All I could find is an autostart list that points to a bunch of apps in /usr/share/applications. I tried putting my symbolic link there and nothing happened.

Any idea? Thanks for reading

Last edited by Notakas (2017-11-07 22:18:52)

#2 2017-10-15 21:12:40

Slithery
Administrator

Re: [Solved] Adding shortcuts to Deepin Launcher?

Welcome to the forums Notakas smile

Create a relevant .desktop file in ~/.local/share/applications.

No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

#3 2017-10-15 21:26:05

Notakas

slithery wrote:

Welcome to the forums Notakas smile

Create a relevant .desktop file in ~/.local/share/applications.

Thank you smile

I have created one. Clicking on it works just fine, but it doesn't appear on the launcher still

Steam.desktop wrote:

[Desktop Entry]
Exec=env WINEPREFIX="/home/notakas/.wine" /usr/bin/wine C:\\\\windows\\\\command\\\\start.exe /Unix /home/notakas/.wine/dosdevices/c:/ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/Start\\ Menu/Programs/Steam/Steam.lnk
Icon=10B4_steam.0
Name=Steam shortcut.desktop
Path=/home/notakas/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files (x86)/Steam
StartupNotify=true
StartupWMClass=steam.exe
Type=Application

#4 2017-11-07 11:12:01

Notakas

Sorry to necro, but I still haven't solved it and maybe there's an easy way to, any idea?
I don't see how my .desktop could be failing itself

If I can't solve this I'll end up coming back to KDE because at the end of the day I don't feel Deepin is comfortable with multiple screens, and some things feel messy to tweak.

EDIT: Found out this link now somehow, and I found out that if you have  fields that aren't required (mandatory or optional) in the .desktop file it just won't appear. I hadn't written them manually back then, and that's apparently why it was failing
https://wiki.deepin.org/index.php?title … anguage=en

Last edited by Notakas (2017-11-07 22:21:26)

#5 2018-12-25 20:42:38

grininmonkey

I just ran into this myself... I found that having the "Path=" Key defined in the .desktop prevents it from being displayed in the deepin-launcher. Once I removed that specific key... it worked fine and have not ran into any other key that deepin seems to complain with...

May or may not be something worth mentioning in the general wiki https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/desktop_entries that I followed and just spent 30 minutes trying to figure out why it wasn't working for deepin ;-)

#6 2018-12-26 02:26:26

fukawi2
Ex-Administratorino
Website

grininmonkey, the wiki is a public resource that you are free to contribute to yourself.

Given this thread is well over 12 months old now, I'm going to close it to avoid further awakening of the dead: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … bumping.22

Board footer