You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-16 04:34:43

salsadoom

Can't browse SMB from one computer, using any program [SOLVED]

Hi guys,

So I've been googling this hopelessly for a while now, can't figure this one out at all. Basically, my desktop computer cannot browse or access SMB shares -- with any program at all. I've tried Dolphin, PyNeighborhood, Thunar, even Kodi. Those are all pretty different but they all have the exact same problem, they act as if there aren't any smb shares on the lan, they fail instantly but don't report an error of any kind, but every other computer on the network sees shares fine. I keep seeing people suggesting changes to smb.conf but nothing has any effect at all (also that doesn't seem right to me). smbclient -L does show the shares on the server so it couldn't be something network related, I think.

Totally lost on this one, anyone have any ideas what could effect EVERY smb browser?

Last edited by salsadoom (2017-10-16 05:25:00)

#2 2017-10-16 04:47:03

finswimmer

Re: Can't browse SMB from one computer, using any program [SOLVED]

Hello,

I had a similar problem. What solved my problem is to add this in the [global] section of the smb.conf and restart the computer

client max protocol = NT1

With samba 4.7 they have changed the default value for this to a newer protocol with which other programs seems to have problems.

fin swimmer

#3 2017-10-16 05:24:39

salsadoom

Hey! smile

Yup, that fixed it. Thanks man! I had a bunch of suggestions from others that involved stuff like that, but apparently this was the magical one needed.

Cheers!

#4 2017-10-24 12:27:03

tritonas00

I had the same problem, finswimmer thanks for this, worked perfectly!

Board footer