You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-08 22:50:36

RickDeckard

[SOLVED] Sophos Antivirus 9.12.3+AIDE, aide --check takes forever?!

I've been using Aide 0.16 with Sophos Antivirus for Linux, 9.12.3, for the past couple of days. 

I try to start a check of the filesystem (even with maximum nice value) and all of a sudden the check can bog my computer down to where everything takes forever, even switching terminal windows, and I have to do a Sysrq reboot.  I'm thinking either one of two things might be happening here, the on-access scan functionality of Sophos might be to blame, if it's scanning everything that Aide accesses. 

Or, since I've managed to cut the system freeze out of the equation (it just takes WAY longer than I'm comfortable with before I kill the scan) now, Aide might have problems scanning inside packed archives.

I'm looking to see if anyone else has this particular combination of software and can help me with some aide.conf settings for the Sophos directory, I don't want to have to totally exclude it but I will if I have to.  I've already excluded Sophos from performing an on-access scan of Aide and I'm riding with just PERMS+md5 on /opt/sophos-av for now.

Last edited by RickDeckard (2017-11-12 00:16:31)

#2 2017-11-09 04:48:32

RickDeckard

Re: [SOLVED] Sophos Antivirus 9.12.3+AIDE, aide --check takes forever?!

Never mind, I think I fixed it.

I had to turn off On-Access Scanning as well, by doing

/opt/sophos-av/bin/savdctl disable

Board footer