You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-05 01:10:38

quimkaos

weird network behaviour over wireless

hi all
Every time i disconnect the network cable and connect over wireless, all machines in the network disappear from file browser (nemo/nautilus). The same occurs if i boot up with wireless only: no machines in the file browser. I still can connect to the other machines by typing smb://machine-name/ in the path bar or using the terminal. This would't be an issue if i was the only user... Does any one has any idea how to solve this?
Also, for some reason, i can't list the only windows machine in the other Arch machines (3), again in the file browser. It's only accessible by using smb://windows-machine/ or terminal. The windows machine lists all machines.

#2 2018-05-05 11:26:43

chicha

Re: weird network behaviour over wireless

Hi,

Which Network Manager are you using ?

#3 2018-05-05 12:58:39

quimkaos

Since i'm using Gnome and Systemd i thought i was using systemd-networkd. Both systemd-networkd and netctl are present in the system but both are not enable.

the only relevant line i get running systemctl --type=service is

CGroup: /
             └─system.slice
             ├─NetworkManager.service
             │ └─386 /usr/bin/NetworkManager --no-daemon

#4 2018-05-06 10:24:40

chicha

You are using NetworkManager for which the wiki has some documentation about cifs (samba) share.
I do not have a heavy usage of samba share myself, but I use Nautilus's bookmarks so that I do not need to enter the smb url every time.

Board footer