You are not logged in.

#176 2019-10-31 16:10:53

alu1

Re: The IWD thread

yep. iwd1.0-3 fixes it - weird.

#177 2019-11-04 17:18:12

tagenk

Any update on this  for anyone "in the know"?  I am having this exact issue.  I am running a MacBook Pro with the broadcom-wl-dkms package. I am also using the iwd 1.0 package.  Thanks!

Moo-Crumpus wrote:

... and what about this? Weird.

[iwd]# station wlan0 show
                                 Station: wlan0                                
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Settable  Property            Value                                          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Scanning            no
            State               disconnected

[iwd]# station wlan0 scan 
Argument type is wrong             

#178 2019-11-05 02:14:09

narutowindy

i have dell precison 5540 ,Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 , i'm having lots of disconnection issues with iwd, or intel drivers  ,or even dhcpd , connection keep getting dropped!!  i used ubuntu before installing arch, there was no such disconnections. please help me thorugh the debugging this annoying issue.

thank you.

#179 2019-11-05 02:50:07

ewaller
Administrator

narutowindy wrote:

i have dell precison 5540 ,Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 , i'm having lots of disconnection issues with iwd, or intel drivers  ,or even dhcpd , connection keep getting dropped!!  i used ubuntu before installing arch, there was no such disconnections. please help me thorugh the debugging this annoying issue.

thank you.

Welcome to the forums.  It has been pointed out that this post may not belong in this thread.  I don't think this was a thread hijack attempt; but why do you feel this has to do with IWD? 
I would guess this is a case of multiple things fighting for control of the wireless interface.  Please search these forums for threads having to do with disconnects and multiple things that control the WiFi causing conflicts.   If this is not the case, please provide an argument as to why you suspect IWD.   Otherwise, it would make sense to split this post to its own thread.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#180 2019-11-05 11:42:08

glitsj16

patrickmcnamarra wrote:

Since 0.20, iwd is renaming my network interfaces despite the "use_default_interface=true" option in my config. If anyone knows a fix, it would be appreciated.

There have been a few upstream changes lately related to renaming network interfaces. Here's what I observed with iwd 1.0-3. First, the arch linux package follows upstream by not providing /etc/iwd/main.conf anymore. Secondly, upstream now provides /usr/lib/systemd/network/80-iwd.link. I could only get IWD to keep my wlp2s0 interface name by removing the 80-iwd.link AND by setting UseDefaultInterface=true in /etc/iwd/main.conf. Note the changed syntax, it now uses CamelCasing instead of the underscore format: see here. Hope this helps.

#181 2019-11-05 17:08:39

patrickmcnamara
Website

glitsj16 wrote:
patrickmcnamarra wrote:

Since 0.20, iwd is renaming my network interfaces despite the "use_default_interface=true" option in my config. If anyone knows a fix, it would be appreciated.

There have been a few upstream changes lately related to renaming network interfaces. Here's what I observed with iwd 1.0-3. First, the arch linux package follows upstream by not providing /etc/iwd/main.conf anymore. Secondly, upstream now provides /usr/lib/systemd/network/80-iwd.link. I could only get IWD to keep my wlp2s0 interface name by removing the 80-iwd.link AND by setting UseDefaultInterface=true in /etc/iwd/main.conf. Note the changed syntax, it now uses CamelCasing instead of the underscore format: see here. Hope this helps.

Thank you. Through your post and the wiki I finally decided to fix this today. smile

I don't really understand why iwd wants to rename my interfaces in the first place, especially when it clearly isn't necessary.

#182 2019-11-06 19:28:21

romstor

patrickmcnamara wrote:

I don't really understand why iwd wants to rename my interfaces in the first place, especially when it clearly isn't necessary.

In iwd - State of the Union on YouTube Marcel Holtmann answers this to some degree (link to the exact part when he is asked this question - 19:08). I also wish there was a blog post or a paragraph on Arch Wiki about this. I still have this issue with iwd 1.03 and systemd-networkd - i don't think it is going away any time soon. Their eventual plan is to manage wireless devices in iwd.

Last edited by romstor (2019-11-07 19:20:44)

#183 2019-11-07 18:48:26

thx1138

The location that I see for this question and answer about renaming interfaces in  iwd - State of the Union on YouTube is actually at 19:08 of 27:02.

#184 2019-11-07 19:23:23

romstor

thx1138 wrote:

The location that I see for this question and answer about renaming interfaces in  iwd - State of the Union on YouTube is actually at 19:08 of 27:02.

That is correct - thank you thx1138! The link above is correct - I just assumed that "&t=1148" in YouTube URL stands for 11:48, but it is 1148 seconds from the beginning of the video. I updated the post.

Last edited by romstor (2019-11-07 19:25:08)

Board footer