You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-20 13:24:10

gearhead

distccd update breaks slave using tcp

How does one allow a tcp connection with the current version of distcc?

The current version on Arch is distcc 3.3-2. This version (with my previous configuration files) will not allow a tcp connection to the slave for compilation. If I downgrade it to 3.2-rc-1, everything starts working again and compilation is shared. If I upgrade to 3.3-2, it fails with authentication errors and the master gets connection failures. I get the security risk inherent in using distccd over tcp without authentication, but there should be a way of enabling the previous behavior. I have not found a way of doing that.

My setup: I have a Pi3 as a master and am running distccd-alarm (AUR) on my main computer. I set it up using the instructions found on the web and it has worked quite well for a couple years. I starrt th eservice when I need this capability and shut it down when it is not needed. I did an upgrade of the main computer at some time and it started throwing errors and not connections from the Pi to the main computer (both running arch updated with pacman -Syu). The only way I could re-enable the previous behavior was to downgrade the package on the main computer (slave) and it started working again. If there is a simple flag for the configuration file, I have not found it. If more info is needed, I can post that as well. Both machines always run behind my router/firewall, so I am not too concerned about the security implications of not authenticating.

gearhead

Board footer