You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-09 05:44:02

blah1703
Member
Registered: 2018-10-14
Posts: 7

How to install execstack?

How can I install execstack with pacman?

I already tried:

pacman -S prelink

but apparently it doesn't exist.


I also tried this AUR but it doesn't work either.

Last edited by blah1703 (2018-11-09 05:44:22)

Offline

#2 2018-11-09 05:52:16

skunktrader
Member
From: Brisbane, Australia
Registered: 2010-02-14
Posts: 1,680

Re: How to install execstack?

$ pkgfile execstack
community/paxtest

Last edited by skunktrader (2018-11-09 05:52:33)

Offline

#3 2018-11-09 06:07:01

jasonwryan
Anarchist
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 30,426
Website

Re: How to install execstack?

┌─[Shiv ~]
└─╼ pacman -Fs execstack                                                                                                                                      
community/paxtest 0.9.15-1

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#4 2018-11-09 14:44:03

Everette88
Member
Registered: 2018-02-17
Posts: 41

Re: How to install execstack?

execstack from paxtest is a tool for testing executable stack behavior in system and it's different than prelink/execstack from AUR which is used to show/modify executable stack in system binaries. Anyway the AUR version installs and works good so I don't know what the problem is.

Last edited by Everette88 (2018-11-09 14:44:48)

Offline

#5 2018-11-09 15:25:23

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Registered: 2011-11-29
Posts: 30,525
Website

Re: How to install execstack?

Everette88 wrote:

Anyway the AUR version installs and works good so I don't know what the problem is.

Neither do we, as this is all the OP gave us:

blah1703 wrote:

...it doesn't work either.

blah, please read this.  I see your comment on the aur page with at least part of the error message.  That clearly indicates you have not (properly) even retrieved the PKGBUILD which is the very first step in using an AUR package (see here for those steps).

EDIT: oops, that was not your AUR comment - I could have sworn it was, sorry.  But just the same we are completely in the dark about what might have failed in installing the AUR package as it works for other users.

Last edited by Trilby (2018-11-09 15:29:05)


"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman

Offline

#6 2018-11-09 17:22:15

ewaller
Administrator
From: Pasadena, CA
Registered: 2009-07-13
Posts: 20,701

Re: How to install execstack?

Moving to Newbie Corner.


Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
The shortest way to ruin a country is to give power to demagogues.— Dionysius of Halicarnassus
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB