You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-09 22:01:17

simplisticways

Encfs and Pam_mount doesnt seem to work?

Hi guys!

So I started using Encfs, but I felt its kinda tedious to always mount manually and put password.

<volume user="mike" fstype="fuse" path="/home/mike/Cloud/.encrypted" mountpoint="/home/mike/Decrypted" options="nonempty" />

I rebooted computer and its still not doing anything. The passhphrase is the same as the password of the login.

Should there be some additional steps?

Source: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/En … _pam_mount

#2 2018-11-10 00:27:07

twelveeighty

Re: Encfs and Pam_mount doesnt seem to work?

simplisticways wrote:
<volume user="mike" fstype="fuse" path="/home/mike/Cloud/.encrypted" mountpoint="/home/mike/Decrypted" options="nonempty" />
wiki wrote:
<volume fstype="fuse" path="encfs#/path/to/encfs/encrypted/data" mountpoint="/path/to/decrypted/data/mountpoint" options="nonempty" />

There are some distinct differences between the Wiki example you linked and your configs. Are you using the encfs# prefix in your path value, for example? Your path itself also looks odd to me, I would not expect to see a dot folder underneath your home folder there, but that could be OK, if you know what you're doing.

#3 2018-11-10 06:05:12

simplisticways

Re: Encfs and Pam_mount doesnt seem to work?

Hi!

The reason why I have a dot is cos its a hidden directory. Wanted it to not appear on my directory unless I wanted to see it.

I tried with encfs# prefix and without yet it had no effect so I guessed thats working like a comment or something. Tried without the user attribute and also fstype tried auto also without any changes. Almost feels like they are not doing anything.

Board footer