You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-11 12:49:09

Linuxfluesterer

[Solved] Problems with animated VideoWallpapers in Plasma 5.14.4-1

Hallo friends.
I have made experiences in Sabayon and Gentoo also. Here I have installed VideoWallpapers for my Plasma 5.14.4.
On Sunday, 9th of Dec. (two days ago) I could easily install your ARCH OS with base base-devel and plasma on a laptop with core i7 and 480 GByte SSD.
This went fast despite the fact that I always have hard trouble with German settings, especially locale. This part took most of my time.
And then after installing some more packages (vivaldi, kate, mc and some more) I have a fine, fast booting ARCH OS with Plasma.

I'm using animated Video Wallpapers on my Sabayon and my Gentoo also. Now I wanted to realize Video Wallpapers for my Arch Plasma also.
As suggested in your post: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=239407 I followed your suggestions including installation of all gstreamer and gstreamer like packages.
I also downloaded this VideoWallpaper package from store.kde.org: https://store.kde.org/p/1213488/
I installed as adviced with kpackagemanager:

kpackagetool5 -t Plasma/Wallpaper -i VideoWallpaper.tar.gz

And finally, I have an mp4 video for animate in background.

Ok, next step was to change background then. I right clicked onto my empty desktop and then Setup Desktop. Here I could choose Layout --> Video Wallpaper which now appeared to select.
But in that moment when I clicked on Video Wallpaper I received an error which is:

Error: Could not load: file://home/linuxfluesterer/.local/share/plasma/wallpapers/VideoWallpaper/contents/ui/config.qml:24
plugin cannot be loaded for module "QtMultimedia": Failed to extract plugin meta data from '/usr/lib/qt/qml/QtMultimedia/libdeclarative_multimedia.so'

I have checked for the path and the file:

//home/linuxfluesterer/.local/share/plasma/wallpapers/VideoWallpaper/contents/ui/config.qml:24

Path and file exist, so there must be something wrong with QtMultimedia

I have installed pacman -S qt5-multimedia also.

So, any idea what I could do here?

Thank you very much in advance.

-Linuxfluesterer

Last edited by Linuxfluesterer (2018-12-11 19:22:03)

Proud KDE user since version 1.1 (SuSE)

#2 2018-12-11 15:52:25

d_fajardo

Re: [Solved] Problems with animated VideoWallpapers in Plasma 5.14.4-1

It seems like it's referring to line 24 of config.qml.
Can you maybe post that file? Also do you have plugins.qmltypes at /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtMultimedia/?
These are just my guesses on how to proceed.

#3 2018-12-11 19:19:43

Linuxfluesterer

d_fajardo wrote:

It seems like it's referring to line 24 of config.qml.
Can you maybe post that file? Also do you have plugins.qmltypes at /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtMultimedia/?
These are just my guesses on how to proceed.

Oh, thank you for reply. smile
In between I had another problem with installing another set of packages, VirtualBox plus modules, which also brought error messages like "invalid exec format". I searched for a solution, which said, one has to upgrade any ARCH with pacman -Suy. This solved my problem with VirtualBox (the modules werde loaded now), and, surprisingly, after trying VideoWallpapers again (just an idea), I got a working animated background with the selected mp4 video file.

It seems, upgrading ARCH OS is far more important than e.g. in Sabayon. I learned something important!

But, sadly, I still have a sound problem. No sound available with ARCH OS, though with Manjaro live system I have checked with.
Thank you for joining.

-Linuxfluesterer

#4 2018-12-11 22:04:52

d_fajardo

Yes upgrading is important in Arch and more or less done everyday. For sound perhaps you can begin here.

#5 2018-12-11 22:20:02

Linuxfluesterer

d_fajardo wrote:

Yes upgrading is important in Arch and more or less done everyday. For sound perhaps you can begin here.

Oh, thank you for the hint with alsa
I found the (I assume) solutione by another way. I assumed that not all kernel modules needed were loaded with my customized /etc/mkinitcpio.conf file.
Here I had the section MODULES extended with snd_hda_intel which seems to exclude some other needed kernel modules.
So, I simply deleted the special intel snd module and instead listed snd as module name.
I recompiled with:

mkinitcpio -p linux

and voilá, the sound was activated.

Good night to all here!

-Linuxfluesterer

Board footer