You are not logged in.

#1 2006-08-24 19:32:12

Blayder

mail server setup

I've useg Postfix HowTo guide to setup mail server... but web interface is now enough, i allso need to allow users to use outlook express and similar mail clients...

But i can't make outlook to send mail, if it connects not from my local network...

if i use as imap/sendmail address my local IP, all work fine, but if i use my hostname or real Ip from my provider then it throws me an error message that Realy host denied err code 554...

I realy could use some help!!!

Thanks big_smile

#2 2006-08-25 02:58:08

afu

Re: mail server setup

What I think is happening is that your mail server needs to be setup as a mail exchanger (MX record) in DNS somewhere. If I understand this, I think your provider's mail server is rejecting mail being sent to/from your server because they don't recognize your server as being a proper mail server.

Hope this helps,
-Shawn

#3 2006-08-25 07:01:05

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

You need to allow relaying. Since you don't want to be an open relay, you need to set up authenticated relay...
maybe pop+before+smtp, or tls-auth.
Then you can set postfix to relay from anyone authenticated.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#4 2006-08-25 15:04:56

Blayder

smile another questions then...

I did a bit of testing and did setup postfix and imap without mysql - with linux user authentication, and now i want to know how to setup user mail quota... i found on wiki quoting guide http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/How … _Userquota, but as i understood it sets limit for all /home/user dir... if it's the only way, than i think i'll try that, but if there is another way, then i'd like to know how to do that big_smile

#5 2006-08-30 17:07:11

Blayder

another questions then...

I did a bit of testing and did setup postfix and imap without mysql - with linux user authentication, and now i want to know how to setup user mail quota... i found on wiki quoting guide http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/How … _Userquota, but as i understood it sets limit for all /home/user dir... if it's the only way, than i think i'll try that, but if there is another way, then i'd like to know how to do that

that is done and works wery good...
Now other problem with relay...

Then you can set postfix to relay from anyone authenticated.

Now i could use some help...
aneed to make it that only users registred on mydomain could send mail, noone else...
So basicly that would be registred users big_smile

Help with that please!  roll

Board footer