You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-07 18:14:11

Roken

mounting remote nextcloud directory as local drive

The topic summarises my problem, so I'll flesh it out.

I have a nextcloud server running on a RaspberryPi, and I can connect from a portable Arch install on a USB HD by manually mounting. However, I'd like to mount automatically on the portable install via fstab. To the best of my recollection, I did not install a self signed cert on the installation (or if I did, I can't locate the certificate).

I've installed davfs2 on the arch machine, and have set up the secrets file with the login credentials. I have prepared fstab to include:

https://my.server.net/nextcloud/remote.php/webdav/	/mnt/webdav	davfs	user,noauto,_netdev	0	0

It doesn't load at startup. If I run sudo mount -av, it reports the webdav mount as "Ignored"

If I

sudo mount /mnt/webdav

it asks if I want to accept the certificate (baffling since I don't think I made one), and when I answer yes, it mounts just fine.

I have mlocate installed on the Pi and have searched for .pem and .crt files. I've converted the only .crt that looks relevant (certificate.crt in the nextcloud tree) to pem and copied it to ~/.davfs/certs on the Arch machine, but no joy.

This is day three of trying, and google is no help.

What am I missing?

Ryzen 5900X 12 core/24 thread - RTX 3090 FE 24 Gb, Asus Prime B450 Plus, 32Gb Corsair DDR4, Cooler Master N300 chassis, 5 HD (1 NvME PCI, 4SSD) + 1 x optical.
Linux user #545703

#2 2019-05-07 22:13:22

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: mounting remote nextcloud directory as local drive

This might help?

man davfs2.conf wrote:

ask_auth
Ask the user interactively for credentials and passwords if not found in the secretsfile. Ask the user if a servercert cannot be verified. 0 = no, 1 = yes.
Default: 1

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Da … nt_options

Last edited by V1del (2019-05-07 22:17:04)

Board footer