You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-23 12:59:50

StewieAndro

[SOLVED] Cannot build SceneBuilder 11

I recently installed Arch & everything went fairly smoothly. However, post-installation I have been unable to install Gluon SceneBuilder by any means. I tried every edition in the AUR repository, I tried DebTap, and finally I cloned it from AUR and built it with Gradle. So I CAN actually run it, but only by issuing the command:

./gradlew app:run

However, I cannot sync it with Intellij IDEA, bcause the path to the build doesn't work in IDEA. So SceneBuilder does not recognize the Controller class, making it unnecessarily difficult to use SceneBuilder. I have scoured every search engine and tech site I know of, to no avail. I attempted to study the build file, then visited the Gradle site which didn't reveal any insights. I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. Not looking to be spoon fed the answer, just some info that will help me figure out the rest myself. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by StewieAndro (2019-06-23 22:34:25)

#2 2019-06-23 15:58:09

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Cannot build SceneBuilder 11

You'll need to paste actual commands and output for a failed AUR build: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=57855

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2019-06-23 21:35:04

StewieAndro

Thank you for your quick response. As it turns out, I unpacked the tar file created by debtap into the /opt folder and configured the path in my IDE to the shell script that launches it and...problem solved. I vaguely recalled reading somewhere awhile back that if you knew where the files and folders destination paths, it would work. When I looked through the build file I realized that It is usually installled there, intact, unlike other packages which have config and library and resource files scattered around the file system. I also put the path in the PATH variable so I can run it from the command line. Again, thank you. smile

#4 2019-06-23 21:41:23

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Please remember to mark your thread as [Solved] by editing your first post and prepending it to the title.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Board footer