You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-26 18:00:26

izberion

NetworkManager unable to find 5hgz network/connect to 2.4ghz [SOLVED]

For whatever reason I can't see my 5ghz wifi in Network Manager. I can see my 2.4 connection but can't get past authentication

Ip link

wls6: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel state DORMANT mode DORMANT group default qlen 1000

If I stop network manager then it loses NO-CARRIER, the state changes to UP and the group changes to DEFAULT.

Checking the NetworkManager.service status

device (wls6): supplicant interface state: init -> starting
device (wls6): supplicant interface state: starting -> ready
device (wls6): state change unavailable -> disconnected (reason 'supplicant available', sys-iface-state: 'managed')

The status for dhcpcd acquires the carrier for wls6, loses it, acquires it, adds and address, loses it, then deletes the address.

In the past I've had problems finding my 5ghz network but usually it resolves itself after a few minutes. Before today it was working just fine and I hadn't had this problem for a few weeks.

Any insight on where to look would be appreciated. Sorry for the brevity with the code blocks, I'm on my phone and have to manually type it in.

Last edited by izberion (2019-10-26 18:36:00)

#2 2019-10-26 18:35:39

izberion

Re: NetworkManager unable to find 5hgz network/connect to 2.4ghz [SOLVED]

Actually this may very well be my network card. Booting up windows I have the same problem. No 5ghz network there and I'm able to log into my 2.4.

And with that, I just rechecked if I could log into the 2.4 on Arch and I'm able to. Must have used the wrong password before. Guess it's hardware problem and I'll mark it as solved.

#3 2019-10-26 20:54:17

Stefan_xyz

Re: NetworkManager unable to find 5hgz network/connect to 2.4ghz [SOLVED]

Okay so here's how i do it (using netctl): in

/etc/netctl

there's is directory called "examples". There you can find examples for all kinds of different Wifi authentification (e.g. wep, wpa, etc.).
Just copy the needed example(!) files back to /etc/netctl and name it accordingly (after e.g. the SSID) and then just change the important values.

You need more information?

Board footer