You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-03 19:12:53

ArchLover69
Member
Registered: 2020-03-03
Posts: 7

Plymouth not showing boot screen

Hello! Im using Plymouth 0.9 with plymouth-gdm, my theme is spinfinity. When I boot, I just get a bunch of logs. Please help!

Offline

#2 2020-03-03 20:10:41

Taijian
Member
Registered: 2016-04-10
Posts: 74

Re: Plymouth not showing boot screen

Have you read https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Plymouth and applied all the kcl arguments wrt silent boot?

Also, pymouth 0.9 is kinda outdated, you might have better luch with plymouth-git.

Offline

#3 2020-03-10 19:38:08

ArchLover69
Member
Registered: 2020-03-03
Posts: 7

Re: Plymouth not showing boot screen

I've tried applying the parameters, but it still doesn't show up. Im using GRUB on ASUS Quest Quartz RGB (UEFI)

PS: Yes I am trying plymouth-git, but no hope

Last edited by ArchLover69 (2020-03-10 19:38:49)

Offline

#4 2020-03-10 21:57:10

d_fajardo
Member
Registered: 2017-07-28
Posts: 1,687

Re: Plymouth not showing boot screen

Just to check the obvious, did you add plymouth hook to your mkinitcpio.conf and regenerated your initramfs?

Offline

#5 2020-03-11 06:57:07

ArchLover69
Member
Registered: 2020-03-03
Posts: 7

Re: Plymouth not showing boot screen

Yes, I am using the hooks.


UPDATE: Plymouth seems to show me the loading screen when my X server is loading. That's odd. I want it on boot.

Offline

#6 2020-03-11 14:04:39

d_fajardo
Member
Registered: 2017-07-28
Posts: 1,687

Re: Plymouth not showing boot screen

Have you checked if plymouth is functional by itself? Themes can be previewed without rebuilding, press Ctrl+Alt+F6 to switch to a text terminal, log in as root and type:

# plymouthd
# plymouth --show-splash

Offline

#7 2020-03-15 15:51:40

ArchLover69
Member
Registered: 2020-03-03
Posts: 7

Re: Plymouth not showing boot screen

I have done that and it works, other than that I have re-installed Arch Linux and am not interested in continuing to trying to fix this issue, as I don't really seem to care anymore.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB