You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
Hello! Im using Plymouth 0.9 with plymouth-gdm, my theme is spinfinity. When I boot, I just get a bunch of logs. Please help!
Offline
Have you read https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Plymouth and applied all the kcl arguments wrt silent boot?
Also, pymouth 0.9 is kinda outdated, you might have better luch with plymouth-git.
Offline
I've tried applying the parameters, but it still doesn't show up. Im using GRUB on ASUS Quest Quartz RGB (UEFI)
PS: Yes I am trying plymouth-git, but no hope
Last edited by ArchLover69 (2020-03-10 19:38:49)
Offline
Just to check the obvious, did you add plymouth hook to your mkinitcpio.conf and regenerated your initramfs?
Offline
Yes, I am using the hooks.
UPDATE: Plymouth seems to show me the loading screen when my X server is loading. That's odd. I want it on boot.
Offline
Have you checked if plymouth is functional by itself? Themes can be previewed without rebuilding, press Ctrl+Alt+F6 to switch to a text terminal, log in as root and type:
# plymouthd
# plymouth --show-splashOffline
I have done that and it works, other than that I have re-installed Arch Linux and am not interested in continuing to trying to fix this issue, as I don't really seem to care anymore.
Offline
Pages: 1