You are not logged in.
Hi guys. I would like to ask for your help.
Recently i installed Arch linux on Acer Aspire One D270 via USB and while installing it via USB i could connect to wireless network and download packages. But after finishing installing, when i rebooted and logged into my created earlier account i cant connect to wireless network.
ip linkcommand shows that wireless wlp2s0b1 interface is UP - unfortunaltely across the reboots i have to up it manually, don't know why.
lspci -kcommand shows that network controller is found and kernel driver: bcma-pci-bridge with kernel module: bcma is in use.
As soon as i type wifi-menu i can scan my netoworks, thery are being found. I choose my network, type in password and as soon as i do that, i have connection failed.
It is hard me to copy outputs because there is no graphical interface right now (another problem, GMA 3600 lost support with fdev and i could not for now install GUI).
Could somebody help?
Interface is up, networks are found but i thing that it is related, somehow, to password typed in because if i boot it via USB, and do wifi-menu, type password it just works. So what i'm doing wrong for the past 2 days? I read a lot www, ArchWiki and similat topics and nothing works.
systemctl --type=serviceshows that network profile is marked as RED, inactive and failed to load, start.
Last edited by firekage (2020-03-15 11:43:04)
Offline
command shows that wireless wlp2s0b1 interface is UP - unfortunaltely across the reboots i have to up it manually, don't know why.
That's normal, the interface will be set down at boot unless you have a service enabled to bring it up.
lspci -kcommand shows that network controller is found and kernel driver: bcma-pci-bridge with kernel module: bcma is in use.
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=57855
Use the -nn option to find the vendor & product IDs for the device so that you can check if the correct driver is loaded.
As soon as i type wifi-menu i can scan my netoworks, thery are being found. I choose my network, type in password and as soon as i do that, i have connection failed.
You have to set the interface down before using wifi-menu: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ne … ice_failed
It is hard me to copy outputs because there is no graphical interface right now
Jin, Jîyan, Azadî
Offline
Thank you for help.
That's normal, the interface will be set down at boot unless you have a service enabled to bring it up.
Ok, i saw that if i enable NetworkManager my wireless LED is on, when NetworkManager is disabled the LED is off. I though that usin netctl would bring it up all the time. As i think, it is not possible using netctl? Using netctl in my opinion is easier than nmcli - commands are shorter.
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=57855
Use the -nn option to find the vendor & product IDs for the device so that you can check if the correct driver is loaded.
Yes i checked it also like that.
You have to set the interface down before using wifi-menu: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ne … ice_failed
Well, i saw that on the ArchWiki, i read it and it confused my earlier. I had it disabled, and when trying to start it this behaviour was all the time. When i use nmcli and put password connection is being estabilished and it took some time, but with wifi-menu right on the spot is "connection-failed" so i think that it is something wrong with wifi-menu and password protected network.
Thanks.
I did something more. I stopped using netctl. I enabled NetworkManager. I connected to wireless network using nmcli from NetworkManager and i connected succesfully to a wireless network. I saw that it works across reboots when i connected via nmcli - whonder were are profiled stored (have to check /etc/NetworkManager) becasue using netctl profiles are created in /etc/netctl and we can see them.
Last edited by firekage (2020-03-15 13:19:11)
Offline