You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-09 07:01:47

tsmjay

Remote unlocking of a LUKS encrypted filesystem using SSH and systemd

Hello,

Has anyone been successful setting this up? If you have, would you mind updating the wiki with some easy-to-follow steps, as per the netconf instructions?

Thanks.

#2 2020-06-09 07:32:04

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Remote unlocking of a LUKS encrypted filesystem using SSH and systemd

Instead of  hoping that someone ran into the not yet specified issue you are having, you should post about what you did, how you've set up, what part of the instructions aren't working, which error messages you receive and maybe there could be a resulting wiki change if it's indeed needed and clear that there's a necessary difference.

Last edited by V1del (2020-06-09 07:46:45)

#3 2020-06-09 07:39:03

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

tsmjay wrote:

would you mind updating the wiki with some easy-to-follow steps, as per the netconf instructions?

I'm doing it now. Just hit refresh in a minute or two...

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#4 2020-06-09 08:30:12

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

jasonwryan wrote:
tsmjay wrote:

would you mind updating the wiki with some easy-to-follow steps, as per the netconf instructions?

I'm doing it now. Just hit refresh in a minute or two...

big_smile

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#5 2020-06-11 07:18:43

tsmjay

This was a polite request from a wiki contributor for someone with knowledge of this topic to contribute to the existing entry. It's strange that someone would create an entry with only half the information needed to get started, but that's the current status of this wiki article.

Currently, the alternative seems to be broken, despite the packages being in the community repository. The package maintainer seems to be unavailable or unable to re-package the source to include a potential fix.

Also, contributions from other board members, one which has the title of 'Wiki Maintainer', are immature at worst and unhelpful at best. If I end up setting up the systemd method of remote disk unlocking then I'll contribute it to the wiki.

#6 2020-06-11 08:19:03

V1del
Forum Moderator

Have you tried bringing this up on the talk page, and maybe adding a template to the section that asks for clarification? Also It might've helped if you had linked to the relevant section directly I did at least a few double takes to understand that you are just refering to the systemd section which indeed seems quite sparse (which is my fault for not connecting the one mention of systemd in the title with what you are actually linking and ultimately refering to but adding some context in the initial post would've helped prevent the resulting confusions)

Last edited by V1del (2020-06-11 08:53:19)

Board footer