You are not logged in.

#1 2006-10-04 17:28:44

DeltaXFX

X-Lite softphone SIP

It looks like no one uses X-lite with Arch? Or Im just the only one that has a problem with it  :shock:
I'm using Arch 7.2 64bit, just did a pacman -Syu last night, so everything is up to date.
There is no x-lite package for Arch, the site www.xten.com has a binary for it, which I tried to no avail. My friend using ubuntu was able to run it no problem.
My problem is when I attempt to run it "./xtensoftphone" i get "bash: no such file or directory" I know the file is there, and that I have execute permissions for it.
I did "file xtensoftphone" and it showed that it is using libc-2.2, then I did "ls /lib/libc-*" and it showed that I only have libc-2.4 installed.
On my friend's ubuntu computer he also has libc-2.4, but has about 10-15 other files beginning with libc as well, no libc-2.2 though.
Has anyone gotten this working? or know a work around?
I got ekiga working, though had to use a work around because of a /lib vs /lib64 issue. I just like X-Lite a lot better than ekiga.

The Internet...? Is that thing still around?

#2 2006-10-04 19:22:14

bluePoet
Website

Re: X-Lite softphone SIP

Hi,

There is no x-lite package for Arch

x-lite is in AUR, I tried to install it and everything's fine

Christian

#3 2006-10-05 08:30:17

DeltaXFX

Ok, I did find it in the AUR smile
But I still cannot get it to work. Here is what I did.
Download the package from AUR
tar -xvzf x-lite.tar.gz
cd xlite
fakeroot
makepkg
pacman -U  x-lite-2.0.1105d-1.pkg.tar.gz
I get the normal pacman output, even thing outputs a "done"
I dont see x-lite anywhere in my menu (I use XFCE4)
from bash I try "x-lite" "xlite" "X-lite" "xtensoftphone" and just get command not found.
If I browse to the installdir/x-lite/pkg/usr/share/applications/ and try to execute X-lite from there I get  "failed to execute child process "xtensoftphone" (no such file or directory)" thats when double clicking the icon from within nautilus.

#4 2006-10-05 11:20:58

bluePoet
Website

to build the package you just have to:

1. download the PKGBUILD
2. cd to the directory containing the PKGBUILD
3. execute makepkg -c
4. add the package with pacman -A "package"

you don't need to tar the package manually or execute fakeroot, since that is all handled by the PKGBUILD itself.

If you installed the package, you have to logout/login to update the PATH since x-lite is in /opt
after that you can start it by executing "xtensoftphone"

I don't know about the integration in the xfce-menu, maybe you have to add it manually...

#5 2006-10-05 13:46:29

DeltaXFX

Ok, I uninstalled x-lite with pacman -Rs x-lite
then I reinstalled it your way. seemed to work, i logged out and logged back in and had an icon in my xfce4 menu for x-lite. click the button, and nothing happens. so i opened a terminal, entered in "xtensoftphone" and i get:
bash: /opt/x-lite/xtensoftphone: No such file or directory
It must be in the path now because it knows to look in /opt/x-lite. and when i do an 'ls' in /opt/x-lite i can see the 'xtensoftphone' file.
Can you send me your output of "ls /lib/libc-*"

#6 2006-10-05 17:48:03

bluePoet
Website

Can you send me your output of "ls /lib/libc-*"

just libc-2.4

Did you see, that there are actually 4 files, you have to use for building the package, not only the PKGBUILD? Sry, I missed that before.

#7 2006-10-05 19:31:10

DeltaXFX

Are you using x86_64?
I did see that there are 4 files. You are talking about the ones that get downloaded when building the package right?
Can you post a list of your installed packages? I will look at mine when I get back to my computer, maybe I am missing something obvious.
I think its "pacman -Q"?

#8 2006-10-05 19:51:54

bluePoet
Website

Are you using x86_64?

no...

I did see that there are 4 files. You are talking about the ones that get downloaded when building the package right?

no, you have to put these 4 files into the same directory and then do a makepkg -c
you have to download them manually, they don't get downloaded automatically...

Can you post a list of your installed packages? I will look at mine when I get back to my computer, maybe I am missing something obvious.

I don't think so, the dependencies should be handled by the PKGBUILD...

Board footer