You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-17 09:00:56

gwaterst

[SOLVED] Netctl interface-specific hooks not executed anymore

Dear all,

I have a configuration network configuration netctl. The things I did achieve (flawlessly) for a couple of years were:

1. If connected to ethernet, switch off wifi and change proxy settings (I am using privoxy, so what is actually happening is to change the privoxy configuration). My employer demands using specific proxy settings for a wired connecting to the internet.
2. If unplugging ethernet, activate wifi and re-change proxy settings (even at work, there is a wifi that must not use the proxy settings).

Here is what I did:
Ethernet device: enp2s0
Wifi device: wlp8s0

I did set up device-specific hooks:

/etc/netctl/interfaces/enp2s0

#!/bin/sh
ExecUpPost="systemctl stop netctl-auto@wlp8s0.service; cp /etc/privoxy/config.employer /etc/privoxy/config"
ExecDownPre="systemctl start netctl-auto@wlp8s0.service; cp /etc/privoxy/config.direct /etc/privoxy/config"

and

/etc/netctl/interfaces/wlp8s0

#!/bin/sh
ExecUpPost="cp /etc/privoxy/config.direct /etc/privoxy/config"
netctl-ifplugd@enp2s0.service

and

netctl-auto@wlp8s0.service

are enabled.

Until some weeks ago, everything worked without any problems.

Now however, these hooks are not executed anymore. So, wlp8s0 remains to be DOWN even when ethernet is unplugged and privoxy configuration remains unchanged.
At system startup, however, everything seems to be correct. Even the privoxy configuration is appropriate for the used device.

Does anybody know, why the hooks do not seem to be executed anymore?

Best, Gunnar

Last edited by gwaterst (2020-08-18 14:10:42)

#2 2020-08-18 14:09:45

gwaterst

Re: [SOLVED] Netctl interface-specific hooks not executed anymore

As an Update: Downgrading dhcpcd solved my problem.

After researchling a little and screening through the journal log, I am pretty sure, it corresponds to this bug report:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/67382

Board footer