You are not logged in.

#1 2006-12-03 08:38:23

peque

VM-Ware howto / dependencies

Hey AF.

I'øm thinking about trying out the VMware on a Arch Server.

Well - have anybody made a howto on this subject, more if you haven't try it before - well there's a lot of funny questiuon about running.vmware-config.pl ???

afterwards I would like to know - is it possible to install arch as a server without any form for desktop - and still be running vmware ??
Well this is the first time I'm playing around with VMware - but some problems about the configuration about the virtual machines are tricky.

Is it possible to access the hostserver running vmware from another machine and that way around could be able to administrate the virtual machines???

Thanks

Just getting better .... All the time

#2 2006-12-03 11:13:32

FUBAR
Website

Re: VM-Ware howto / dependencies

I think you're looking for VMware ESX, I'm not sure VMware Server can do the things you want. Also, single question marks work just as well and are a lot easier on the reading eye.

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

#3 2006-12-03 19:21:56

peque

well i could do it.

But now I'm running into a funny thing.

I have installed VMware Server and Vmwaree MUI, and from the interface downloaded the console manager and installed and my laptop in both Linux and M$ - but from any of these I'm not able to connect to the server?

And I cannot figure out what I'm missing in this ? I can connect from localhost, but when I connect from localhost using the IP adress - the host machine denies access.
I have uncomment the line ALL:ALL in /etc/hosts.deny - and I'm able to connect using SSH - but not the VMware console manager ??

Have anybody an idea about what I'm missing

#4 2006-12-03 22:10:29

FUBAR
Website

The console manager is used to connect to a VMware ESX machine. It won't connect to anything else.

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

#5 2006-12-05 13:31:47

peque

Well - if you start xinitd in DAEMONS Console manager are connecting perfect. So my fault was not starting xinitd

So no problemo anymore

Thanks anyway

Board footer