You are not logged in.

#1 2006-12-03 14:51:12

aRcHaTe

CONFIGURING SYSTEM LOCK......................

well it fails everythome..its getting on my nerves..no one on freenode knows how to help..
ive tryed...configuring date..all ok..rebooted..system clock configuring on boot says fails...

rc.conf------->LOCALE="pt_PT.UTF-8"
                         HARDWARECLOCK="localtime"
                         TIMEZONE="Atlantic/Azores"
                         KEYMAP="pt-latin9.map.gz"

well im using everything from testing...few problms..nothig big...but this one its pissing me off...
reinstaled ntp....it acused conflits....ntp.conf existes..ok....deleted...reinstaled...all ok

then... sudo ntpdate ns.dns.pt

hummm time seems fine..all works ok..rebooted...FAILS!!!!

dammit!!.....tryed UTC..it fails the same.....no one knows what to do?......maybe initscripts? please some feedback from a developer or something...cause the clock resets as it likes ..and set it own time on every reboot.....

ps: reinstaled system...never got this problm...after a few updates...BAM...fails...im using arch linux for 6 months now..never had big problms...in testing too...

Its a sick world we live in....

#2 2006-12-03 15:11:28

Borosai

Re: CONFIGURING SYSTEM LOCK......................

What is your BIOS clock set to? Your local time, or GMT/UTC (or whatever it is) time? Since I think you mentioned on freenode that you don't use Windows, set your BIOS clock to GMT/UTC time (you would have to calculate this) and make sure any OSes you use are also set to UTC. Even if this doesn't solve your problem, it would be a good idea (unless you already have it set correctly). As far as any programs causing problems, I have no clue. :?

#3 2006-12-03 15:17:13

aRcHaTe

how do you explian  on a fresh install arch linux the problm dont apear? and even i have gentoo on the system..even on utc..supose....how come on every reboot archlinux clock fails???

#4 2006-12-03 15:33:59

Borosai

What do you mean by fail? When I dual-booted, I ran into some error messages about the time being in the future or something, but it would adjust and continue. And I assume the reason was that Windows likes to adjust the BIOS clock. But if you have everything set the same, and it still happens, then I can only assume it's a program, but I have no clue...hopefully someone that does will take a look in here. big_smile

#5 2006-12-03 16:28:57

aRcHaTe

i do not use windows..i used it for a year and hated it...reallly sucks...arch caught my eye..since a left gentoo and debian...

Board footer