You are not logged in.

#1 2006-12-14 16:43:41

Moo-Crumpus

[Solved] Advice needed - Linux as AD Member

I am trying to make my active directory users be able to log into an archlinux machine. So far, I have done several things following our wiki, but changed here and then, as the wiki is wrong. In the end, in case of success, I will rework the wiki section.

What does
Meanwhile, I can access the ad from my archlinux box. wbind -u gives back a list of users, wbind -g gives a list of groups, kinit user asks for password. I can su to AD+username. I can add or remove my machine as a computer object to / from the AD. Fine.

What does not
I can't login: AD Accounts are not accepted. They are well accepted in su, but not during login. As far as I understand, this is a matter of pam.conf - am I right or wrong?
Btw I have NOT touched the AD by adding unix schemes. This could be a reason, too.

Frumpus addict
[mu'.krum.pus], [frum.pus]

#2 2006-12-14 17:06:30

Moo-Crumpus

Re: [Solved] Advice needed - Linux as AD Member

Seconds later I solved it. My pam configuration was wrong, as well as my krb5.conf.

I will rework the wiki section, soon.

Frumpus addict

#3 2006-12-15 16:56:40

Moo-Crumpus

Re: [Solved] Advice needed - Linux as AD Member

Please be so kind to check the reworked wiki entry about AD integration of archlinux machines. It was a hard puzzle, and might be full of errors and bugs, although I done it on some machines like that. Feel free to polish my rough english and the layout. Critics and additions are welcome.

Frumpus addict

Board footer