You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-25 12:12:13

danlove99

[SOLVED] No internet connection using NetworkManager

Stuck on a network issue with my arch install and can't find a resolution in the wiki or any other forums etc. Ive been using NetworkManager and nmtui to manage my connection for well over a year with no problem. After changing network providers and getting a new router I have no internet connection but It is connected to the router and says it has a good connection and I'm assigned an IP. I can't ping any DNS servers or even the router itself apart from my own internal IP. The windows and Ubuntu installs on the same machine connect fine so there's no issue with the WiFi adaptors (tried with both a pci and usb interface) and I've checked the drivers are loaded fine and they are. I've checked the logs for NetworkManager and wpa_supplicant and can't see any issue and I checked the IP routes setup by network manager and they are also fine. I don't think there's any conflicting networking packages installed but I know they're not enabled or started at least. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by danlove99 (2022-11-26 10:31:54)

#2 2022-11-25 12:55:59

ekum

Re: [SOLVED] No internet connection using NetworkManager

Is linux-firmware, network manager, wpa_supplicant, wireless_tools and netctl installed, does wired connection work. If all is well with those also if u had installed protonvpn it creates dummy connections that affect the network, you can check for dummy networks using: "nmcli connection show --active" to show active connections and "nmcli connection show" to show all connections if there are dummy connections u have to delete them to leave only your interface using "nmcli delete connection uuid"

#3 2022-11-25 15:30:51

seth

ip a
ip r
ping -c1 _gateway
ping -c1 8.8.8.8
ping -c1 google.com
sudo journalctl -b > /tmp/journal.txt # upload this from a system w/ internet connection

windows and Ubuntu installs on the same machine connect fine

3rd link below: if the router thinks you already have a lease it'll tell you to gtfo.

Some APs don't like https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Networ … domization so try to disable that.

#4 2022-11-26 03:41:30

cfr

[And do *not* install netctl.]

CLI Paste | How To Ask Questions

Arch Linux | x86_64 | GPT | EFI boot | refind | stub loader | systemd | LVM2 on LUKS
Lenovo x270 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz | Intel Wireless 8265/8275 | US keyboard w/ Euro | 512G NVMe INTEL SSDPEKKF512G7L

#5 2022-11-26 10:30:56

danlove99

ekum wrote:

Is linux-firmware, network manager, wpa_supplicant, wireless_tools and netctl installed, does wired connection work. If all is well with those also if u had installed protonvpn it creates dummy connections that affect the network, you can check for dummy networks using: "nmcli connection show --active" to show active connections and "nmcli connection show" to show all connections if there are dummy connections u have to delete them to leave only your interface using "nmcli delete connection uuid"

Deleting all the other connections worked! Thanks

Last edited by danlove99 (2022-11-26 10:32:13)

Board footer