You are not logged in.

#1 2023-08-03 05:38:20

Rydwxz

did oil.nvim break domain name resolution?

I was tweaking my nvim config, trying out file explorers. I installed stevearc/oil.nvim, worked thru an error or two, got it running, and suddenly my network connection crashed!

I haven't got a network manager beyond systemd. I haven't messed with it single time since install. I have a wired connection and a pci wireless card. I have only been using the wired connection. I have btop installed and it claims that I am receiving a 30 byte/s download on the cable. But not outgoing. Ping to any domain fails saying temporary failure in name resolution. The wireless network is working flawlessly for other devices.

ip link reports the adapters are online but they do not have IP addresses, which have always been assigned by the router's DHCP without a problem. Journalctl says the pcie device had an Error: severity=corrected. Not! Journalctl is working my cpu at 8% just to deliver that useless message over and over. Any ideas on my next steps?

Last edited by Rydwxz (2023-08-03 05:40:39)

#2 2023-08-03 21:00:30

twelveeighty

Re: did oil.nvim break domain name resolution?

Please don't paraphrase output and/or errors and post the actual output and journal - use a pastebin service if needed.

Board footer