You are not logged in.

#1 2023-10-28 22:20:56

CiccioCoco

Powerbutton shutdown (changing behaviour)

Hi everyone!
I am having a problem with Arch.
Since I am used to Linux Mint, I would like that my powerbutton, instead of just shutdown and no more), gives me the option of doing whatever I want.

I was searching for a solution on various website but I found a solution that looked appealing to me but didn't work: I changed   #HandlePowerKey=ignore on the directory /etc/systemd/logind.conf but there is no use.

I ever searched for susped menus on GitHub and I confess that I found some of them really interesting, so I'd like to ask:

May I change the behaviour of the powerbutton to execute something?

If not

How can I make the poweroff button to simply suspend?

Thanks in regard

#2 2023-10-28 23:03:52

astralc

Re: Powerbutton shutdown (changing behaviour)

maybe it is configuration in DE (I know plasma have it, gnome maybe, cinnamon I think have it).
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Power_ … r_managers

#3 2023-10-29 14:30:01

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Powerbutton shutdown (changing behaviour)

Astralc is right, DEs will override, so we need to know which one you are using,

I changed   #HandlePowerKey=ignore on the directory /etc/systemd/logind.conf but there is no use.

I presume that was in /etc/logind.conf.  Did you remove the hash ('#') from the beginning og the line?  Because that hash means the line is a comment.

Edit:  Moved to Installation

Last edited by ewaller (2023-10-29 14:32:02)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer