You are not logged in.

#1 2023-11-06 04:30:08

jojo06

[SOLVED]Youtube Tracers/Tracking

I'm sorry if I'm sending it to the wrong place, but I think it's about Network and Protection.

At first youtube could not follow me. I only use Web browser ( epiphany ), I accidentally uploaded youtube. So youtube itself. Like a browser. When I opened it, there were recommended videos everywhere. Everywhere, disgusting.

Sure, I removed it later, but I may not have been able to removed it fully and accurately. Damn, I see a few recommended ads videos from Arch's web browser right now. How do I delete cookies, completely remove youtube ?

Last edited by jojo06 (2023-11-06 23:20:39)

#2 2023-11-06 10:17:59

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Re: [SOLVED]Youtube Tracers/Tracking

Gnome Web/ epiphany doesn't appear to support extensions, so you're probably limited to the protection it has built-in .

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/GNOME/ … figuration lists 2 options : blocking advertisements through a blocklist and enabling  "Intelligent Tracker Prevention" .

Are you using both already ?

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2023-11-06 13:11:35

jojo06

I didnt install any extensions, just Web epiphany himself. In preferences > Block advertisement ON.. In preferences > privacy >> Website Data Storage OFF && Intelligent Tracking Prevention ON

I run these commands from the link you posted:

gsettings get org.gnome.Epiphany content-filters
gsettings set org.gnome.Epiphany content-filters "['https://gitlab.com/eyeo/filterlists/contentblockerlists/-/raw/master/easylist_min_content_blocker.json', 'https://gitlab.com/eyeo/filterlists/contentblockerlists/-/raw/master/easylist+easylistchina-minified.json']"

#4 2023-11-06 14:09:06

seth

When you visit youtube, youtube will suggest you videos - that has little to do with tracking.
Maybe illustrate the concerned situation with a screenshot?

#5 2023-11-06 16:15:53

jojo06

I say, there wasn't even a single 1 turkish content beforehand. But now I see a few Turkish videos about the tense news of countries that bomb each other. Clickbaites etc
You may think its global news but the channels are Turkish

#6 2023-11-06 17:34:16

Koatao

jojo06 wrote:

I say, there wasn't even a single 1 turkish content beforehand. But now I see a few Turkish videos about the tense news of countries that bomb each other. Clickbaites etc

Are you Turkish? Do you live in Turkey? Do you connect to the internet from a Turkish Internet provider? Do you have the system locale and languages set in Turkish? What country is set in YouTube?  What language?

Google can fingerprint you in many ways, and setting up the privacy options of your web browser is not enough.

#7 2023-11-06 18:24:35

jojo06

Koatao wrote:
jojo06 wrote:

Are you Turkish? Do you live in Turkey? Do you connect to the internet from a Turkish Internet provider? Do you have the system locale and languages set in Turkish? What country is set in YouTube?  What language?

Google can fingerprint you in many ways, and setting up the privacy options of your web browser is not enough.

Unfortunately; yes, yes and yes. System locale ? Pc location, lang, browser etc. all is English. Even my keyboard. I logout my account in youtube. But it was USA in location preferences. Now i didnt check. Language is also English ofcourse
It was unable to before launch 'youtube' command in terminal after 'sudo pacman -S youtube'
I tried to install hide me, without account login. Proton mail is unavaible in Arch Web smile Even proton mail want to track i guess.
So i cant able to. I tried to disable & stop the hide.me service. My internet got slowed.

I guess i need some vpn + dns.
*Sorry for mistakes, cant able to use translate right now.

Edit: Also what about proxy ? So to speak i want to research and learn about them.

Last edited by jojo06 (2023-11-06 19:06:24)

#8 2023-11-06 19:12:47

seth

It was unable to before launch 'youtube' command in terminal after 'sudo pacman -S youtube'

That is not a thing.
There're some dedicated YT players, https://aur.archlinux.org/packages?O=0&K=youtube and mpv can play everything yt-dlp can download
There's also https://yewtu.be/ and many other invidious instances that somewhat mirror youtube.

Also notice that you can simply ignore suggested videos and youtube is learning pretty quickly what you're searching and actually clicking on and will present you that.

#9 2023-11-06 21:38:15

jojo06

The topic has turned into a geek's paradise for geeks.
If it is boring you don't have to care, there is no problem to be solved. A few questions, seeking suggestions. But of course I'm looking for a solution for anti-tracking, to delete keyprints or something.

-----About anti-tracking Web-----
You say it doesn't exist, but I have seen it. I've watched a few videos, I've used it for a few days, I've refreshed the page many times.
I'm sure of it, I haven't seen a single Turkish content, not a single one. But as you said, it could be because it has limited access (not a full web browser),
That's why some videos don't open, and I don't have access to some sites either.

I want yt-dlp to be my last option. I'm sure it's easy. But as I said, I want this for privacy and to prevent the "fingerprint" thing, and to focus on USA location internet access and content for that.

-----FAQ-----
Whether it's DNS or vpn. For example in etc/resolveconf we always keep a DNS why?
What is the difference between proxy and DNS? Why do we use a VPN and not a proxy or DNS. Can each of these be used together? Etc.

----------
As you said, unfortunately youtube doesn't learn quickly, or rather doesn't want to learn. Many times I have clicked don't recommend this channel and/or I'm not interested.
Many times I have seen the same videos and channels again and again. But more than all that, I want to learn and use it.

I'm learning these things as I try and see and I'm interested. I'm improving myself.  Also, a lot of people are using VPN these days, that's my preference too.
But I wonder if we can bypass youtube by adding DNS and/or Proxy to the VPN.

***Is there an argument or a short document that you can recommend and is there a service that can meet my request?

#10 2023-11-06 21:44:58

seth

You say it doesn't exist, but I have seen it.

I was talking about a "youtube" package…

As you said, unfortunately youtube doesn't learn quickly

I said the exact opposite…

But as you said, it could be because it has limited access (not a full web browser),

More because of age restrictions?

Does deepl.com still not work for you?

#11 2023-11-06 22:54:37

jojo06

I was talking about a "youtube" package...

Can you try it for me? I installed it and the app opens like a web browser.

I said the exact opposite...

Does deepl.com still not work for you?

Yes its working now. I misunderstood what you said.
That's my problem with youtube, I want it to understand and apply what I want it to understand, not what it wants.

More because of age restrictions?

Protonmail

Edit: A free vpnbook took care of the advanced protection in Firefox settings. Boom! Even Youtube's language has changed. In Privacy & Security, under Browser Privacy, in the private option, there is a cookies section. When I turn it to the last setting, the video pauses. When I click, it starts quickly for 1 second and stops. It already states in the settings that it may cause the site to break / not work. If you select one below the most paranoid setting like All cross-site cookies, there is no problem. The last setting worked for a very short time.

Last edited by jojo06 (2023-11-07 00:23:45)

Board footer