You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-15 11:36:08

sivad

Two internet connections

Hello,

I have two internet connections. I was wondering if this is the best way to set it up http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html
Im not sure how to adapt my rc.conf to make this work, or if the network script has the functionality to make this work.

I changed internet service providers and my mum forgot to tell me she subscribed to a free magazine with our old ISP which locked us in for another 7 mnths. This was after i paid the sign up free and brought hardware for a new isp. Now I have to internet connections.

One is plugged into a router which provides all our computers with internet, the other connection is plugged into my server, along with a connection from the router. So the server is the only computer with two internet connection.

Im wondering what the best why to make a program use only one link. I was told I could do port ranges, or different uses get different interfaces using iptables, but its all complex. I would love for someone to walk me through making this work, in what ever way, i dont really care. I must be able to access the server locally.

Thanks very much.

Last edited by sivad (2007-02-15 12:38:06)

#2 2007-02-16 02:56:52

sivad

Re: Two internet connections

The newly released kernel 2.6.20 has the neccessary things enabled in the kernel to make

sivad wrote:

I have two internet connections. I was wondering if this is the best way to set it up http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html
Im not sure how to adapt my rc.conf to make this work, or if the network script has the functionality to make this work.
Thanks very much.

this work.

Now does Arch linux handle the ip command? whats the best way to make this happen at boot, thanks

#3 2007-02-16 13:44:48

sivad

Re: Two internet connections

Hey ppl,

got it all working. if im logged in under test it uses isp2, all other accounts use isp1. pretty damn cool if you ask me. if neone is interested i will list the steps i took to get this working. took me a while to work this out as i didnt know a network form a route from a subnet...

also, i want to know if arch linux has support for advanced routing in its rc scripts. eg the ip command. ip route add|del , ip rule add|del etc. and mulitbale routing tables. i think ip is an awesome utility and we should move away from ifconfig and route, im guess they do the same things.

thanks

Last edited by sivad (2007-02-16 13:45:49)

Board footer