You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-11 07:28:23

Achlys

My conceptronic C54RU has given up working!!!

Hi:

First of all, excuse me because of my horrible english. I'm sorry.

My conceptronic C54RU (who uses rt73 chipset) worked properly for several weeks (I used the wiki instructions for installing it), but sudenly, it give up working. It happened after a system update (pacman -Syu).
I don't know what to do, because sometimes it works properly (1/30 times), but with my other OS it works properly ALLWAYS, so the device is ok. I have reinstalled it, but it doesn't work. Do somebody have the same problem??? Thank you for all.

Achlys

#2 2007-04-11 10:44:29

klixon

Re: My conceptronic C54RU has given up working!!!

Is this a driver you compiled yourself, or did you make a package for it using makepkg?
If so, was there a kernel-upgrade?
If both are the case, did you rebuild the driver after the kernel-upgrade?

If you build your own driver (kernel-modules), you have to rebuild them after every kernel-upgrade

Stand back, intruder, or i'll blast you out of space! I am Klixon and I don't want any dealings with you human lifeforms. I'm a cyborg!

#3 2007-04-11 15:54:07

Achlys

This is a driver that I compile myself. It was a kernel upgrade, and so, I recompile de driver and it doesn't work

#4 2007-04-12 06:56:46

klixon

Are there any messages when you try to modprobe the module by hand?
Anything funky in dmesg output?

Stand back, intruder, or i'll blast you out of space! I am Klixon and I don't want any dealings with you human lifeforms. I'm a cyborg!

Board footer