You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-22 23:06:11

syme

Roaming network profile confusion

hello all!
about two months back i stopped using arch when i couldn't get the roaming network profiles working and switched back to suse and then back to ubuntu, i dislike them both a great deal and would much rather run arch. when i saw voodoo was out i (re) installed it and continued trying to get the roaming network profiles working but with no success.

i have an inspiron e1505 (or 6400 if you will) with a strange wireless card that i DO have working under ndiswrapper perfectly. i can iwlist with the interface (wlan0) and get results but i cannot seem to get the roaming network profiles configured properly! i have read the docs many times but they make little sense to me... can someone run through how to get this working(step by step would be great) for me once and for all?
i think that this post could clear up some questions for a lot of archers who have this same problem.

Don't fight it, it's gonna happen.

#2 2007-04-26 05:06:15

Purch

Re: Roaming network profile confusion

I dont know if this helps but new network scripts are under development. Have you looked at these? http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_Scripts

#3 2007-04-27 01:57:21

syme

ah, good to know! thanks for the reply, ill check these out and post back.

#4 2007-04-27 08:15:57

STiAT

networkmanager can do this for you as well... if it works again, the current version seems broken.

Ability is nothing without opportunity.

#5 2007-05-21 04:16:53

syme

heh, well I look forward to the new network scripts but I'm a little impatient so i just wanted to post back that I managed to get roaming network profiles working and I have switched to arch full time and i have never been happier with a distro. smile
thanks for the posts

Board footer