You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-14 04:33:09

firecat53
Website

Ndiswrapper/iwlist scan not showing ESSID

I just installed Arch-64 on my HP dv6000 laptop. Working from the command line still to get wireless working, I compiled and installed ndiswrapper-1.43. It compiled and installed perfectly for my Broadcom 4311 wireless. I've used this same ndiswrapper for both Ubuntu Feisty-64 and Sabayon-64 with no issues.

When I type 'iwlist scan', I get the long list of networks we can see from our house, but none of them display the essid (which they normally do from this laptop) and all say 'Mode: Unknown/bug'. When I load the ndiswrapper module, the essid is automatically set to the only unencrypted network available. I tried to connect to my home WPA network, but it wouldn't connect w/ wpa_supplicant (which also normally works fine).

Any ideas what to check? I've looked through these forums and the ndiswrapper forums and didn't see anything similar.

I'd really love to keep on going here...my first day w/ Arch!

Thanks, Scott

#2 2007-05-14 07:10:02

G_Syme

Re: Ndiswrapper/iwlist scan not showing ESSID

Hi, firecat53, and welcome aboard!

In fact there already is a forum topic which covers at least one of your problems (the iwlist scan one), although they might be connected and we simply haven't tested WPA yet. Unfortunately we don't have found a satisfying solution to this problem yet.

The courageous enter dark caves alone.
The clever send in the courageous first.
The cleverest wait behind the clever.

#3 2007-05-14 15:38:56

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Re: Ndiswrapper/iwlist scan not showing ESSID

Huh, I was unaware of this issue (It's hard to scan the forums for bugs all the time).

It does nothing for me - does the newest versions of ndiswrapper and the kernel help (I don't know if the x86_64 packages have been updated or not).

Board footer