You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-25 21:10:31

Davigetto

Network manager works, but outputs lots of messages...

Hello, well, I have installed gnome-network-manager. It works good, but I have one question:

On botting and shutdown, network manager outputs lots of painful messages. What are these messages? Is there any way to remove them?

I think that networkmanager needs an update for arch...

Greetings

Only deaths can see the end of battles.

Blog: http://djmartinez.co.cc -> The life of a Computer Engineer

#2 2007-05-26 17:45:27

matt_man22

Re: Network manager works, but outputs lots of messages...

I have a couple of error messages on shutdown too.  Hasn't seemed to mess with any network performance or settings, so I assume they are normal or no problem.  Maybe if you post your messages, it would be more helpful it seeing what the problem is.

#3 2007-05-27 07:47:27

Davigetto

Is there any log to post them? Because in the shutdown screen they pass too fast...

Only deaths can see the end of battles.

Blog: http://djmartinez.co.cc -> The life of a Computer Engineer

#4 2007-05-27 08:39:37

STiAT

Hello,

The things written on shutdown is just that the HAL/DBUS destruction didn't work properly. That's not too bad, and should not cause any troubles.
I'm not aware why this happens, probably because of knetworkmanager / gnomenetworkmanager didn't shut down properly, and the connections were not dropped before the uninitialize.

// STi

Ability is nothing without opportunity.

#5 2007-05-28 02:21:37

hungsonbk
Website

I don't know why you guys use GUI to manage your network. Command Line is the most powerful. Try to use ifconfig, route, netstat, dhcpcd, and so on to manage your network and you will study more from that.

If you still prefer GUI, why don't move to other distros like stupid Fedora Core distro ?

#6 2007-05-28 02:44:33

matt_man22

hungsonbk wrote:

I don't know why you guys use GUI to manage your network. Command Line is the most powerful. Try to use ifconfig, route, netstat, dhcpcd, and so on to manage your network and you will study more from that.

If you still prefer GUI, why don't move to other distros like stupid Fedora Core distro ?

I was going to post a reply, but your post is so ignorant I'm not even going to try...

Board footer