You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-24 04:03:46

xnooby2

How do I connect to a Microsoft Network domain using pptpclient?

My workplace has a Microsoft VPN that I can connect to with pptp, and if that is successful - rdesktop.  I installed the pptpclient, and was looking for examples of how to configure it - but none of them seem to match my case.  I have a domain name and password on the VPN, is it simple to connect?  I was trying to edit my chap-secrets file, but I don't know what to put in it.

#2 2007-07-25 02:24:45

xnooby2

Re: How do I connect to a Microsoft Network domain using pptpclient?

Is there not some easy way to do this? 

I'm following the instructions on tldp.org, and I can't believe it is this complicated.  Modprobing compress-18, creating configurations for pptp and tunnels, adding routes, etc.  A long time ago I did this under FreeBSD and I only had to create one configuration file and run one command.  Then I tried to run Windows 2000 inside QEMU and use it's VPN, and that didnt work either (granted its probably a QEMU networking limitation). 

All I want is a temporary connection to a Microsoft VPN so I can run rdesktop and access my work PC.  Am I the only one doing this, or is everyone else really doing everything on the tldp.org instructions?

Last edited by xnooby2 (2007-07-25 02:26:29)

#3 2007-07-25 05:49:29

luca

Re: How do I connect to a Microsoft Network domain using pptpclient?

Hi xnooby2,
usually I follow this guide:
http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/howto … re_by_hand

Board footer