You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-02 05:21:08

mrbug

Sandbox PHP

I would like to setup a sandbox for PHP. I already have Apache 2 installed, but I don't want to mess with that installation.

My guess is that I would have to create a chroot jail for Apache and PHP, but I'm not sure. Is that what I need to do? I don't want it to be world-accessible, either. That's not too big of a deal though, since my router has port blocking/forwarding abilities.

Could someone point me toward a good (and preferably distribution-relevant) howto?

dvdtube - download all uploads from a YouTube user and then optionally create a DVD.
(Regular version AUR link / SVN version AUR link)

#2 2007-09-02 06:45:35

markc
Website

Re: Sandbox PHP

This link might help, if you haven't already found it...

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LAMP

On extra hint is you could change the Listen directive to "127.0.0.1:80" so apache only listens on your localhost port and in no way can be seen from the outside world, not even from other machines on your internal network. You can find where the Listen directive is hiding by using something like "grep -r Listen /etc/httpd/*". I use customized packages with a Debian layout, otherwise I'd paste some more setup options.

#3 2007-09-02 13:11:21

mrbug

Re: Sandbox PHP

I actually used that WIKI entry to setup a LAMP at work the other day.

My main problem is that I want to have two concurrent AMP installations, but I'm worried about conflicts.

On second thought, maybe it'd just be easiest to close the hole in my firewall while I have PHP installed.

[edit] Eh. Even better idea: VirtualBox! That's what I'll do. I'll just make a new installation inside of that to use as my sandbox.

Last edited by mrbug (2007-09-02 13:11:36)

dvdtube - download all uploads from a YouTube user and then optionally create a DVD.
(Regular version AUR link / SVN version AUR link)

Board footer