You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-06 03:18:30

matt_man22

Networkmanager and Hidden Essid

I am at school and the WEP wireless here does not broadcast the essid.  I am able to connect to all other WEP networks just fine, but cannot connect at all to this network.  The only thing that is different from the other networks is the hidden Essid.  Does anyone else have a similar problem or a possible solution?  Thanks.

#2 2007-09-06 03:30:17

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: Networkmanager and Hidden Essid

Do you have one of the frontends installed (gnome/kde-network-manager)?  On gnome-network-manager I just click on the system tray icon and there is an option to "connect to another wireless network" which allows me to type in the name of non-broadcast networks.

#3 2007-09-06 03:57:16

matt_man22

I have knetworkmanager installed, and I did type in the essid and wep key.  However, it still does not connect.  Maybe something else is going on, but it seemed to me that it was having trouble with the non-broadcasting nature of the network.

#4 2007-09-20 06:33:48

jinn

I have the same problem at home. knetworkmanager seems to suck with hidden networks.. there just doesnt seem to be an option to save the hidden network that I have once connected too. Not only that, it doesnt even show my hidden network in the list.

I will have to revert back to wifi-radar so far.

The ultimate Archlinux release name: "I am your father"

Board footer