You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-06 09:26:34

digidrops

tin dosn't accept the keyboard input

Not shure, if this is the right folder.

I cannot use tin on my laptop. it seems to get not the right input. The only what work are the cursor keys. If I press 'h' for help, he suggest: Bas command. Type 'h' for help. I use a utf-8 xtem, but also on the console (not x) the same problem.

Can anybody give an idea.

Thanks

#2 2010-04-09 03:38:24

davidm

Re: tin dosn't accept the keyboard input

Better late than never, eh?

Unfortunately I notice the latest tin stable as provided by the Arch repos is rather old (The tin maintainer hasn't released a new stable version in nearly three years, it appears all the new active development is seen by the unstable release -- latest one as of today was released December 2009)  and lacks certain critical supports.  These days it doesn't even seem usable on a basic arch install unless you hack around a lot with it?
However, compiling the latest unstable "tin 1.9.5" from source works great for me without having to do any alterations and even from the vanilla konsole.  Perhaps it might just be an issue with the PKGBUILD as well, I'm unsure and haven't look into it much yet.  Anyway for the rare soul who is trying to get tin working, do try building the unstable from source. smile

Last edited by davidm (2010-04-09 03:39:38)

Board footer