You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-14 19:44:42

k_odoma

Could azureus be killing my network speeds?

So I share a Qwest DSL line (1536 / 992 Kbps) with a roommate and within the last month or so we've been having an issue with our connection slowing to a crawl. We both think it's my computer and the only thing I can guess would be causing the problem is azureus.

Network related, I normally run folding@home, ntpd (which I installed after all the problems started), firestarter, thunderbird connected to gmail via pop, and occasionally azureus. After the slow-downs I set up/down limits on the torrents I was running and made sure that all old torrents were deleted. The slowdown occurred again last night when I was running a torrent but I had the up/down speeds set to 40up/10down so that shouldn't have killed everything.

The one clue that I have that azureus is the problem is that when I would start it up and the auto-update feature for azureus would pop up (I've since turned this off), my network connection would slow to about 1.5k/0.5k and immediately shoot back up again after I canceled the update.

Is it possible that azureus is choking my speeds?

#2 2007-10-14 19:50:57

lucke

Re: Could azureus be killing my network speeds?

Try disabling DHT - some routers get choked by UDP packets.

Did it work properly earlier?

Last edited by lucke (2007-10-14 20:42:43)

#3 2007-10-14 19:59:02

k_odoma

Re: Could azureus be killing my network speeds?

I'll try turning off DHT. This problem is only from within the last month or so. I was using deluge before. Maybe I should go back.

Board footer