You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-02 16:20:35

freigeist

Virtual Mail Server incl. Spam and Virus Protection and Webmailer

A few weeks ago I tried to set up an Virtual Mail Server Environment on my Arch Linux Root Server according to the entry in the wiki. But I was not very happy with it, because it is missing spam and virus protection as well as mailfiltering. I added amavisd with spamassassin and clamav and configured Roundcube as my webmail client. Today I thought about integrating the mail filtering rules, but I read about sieve and cyrus-imap as a better solution compared to courier-imap with maildrop. Now I am a bit lost in all that Howtos and Guides of other distributions, but I thought that a fully guide for setting up an email server would be something arch is missing.

Here is my idea:
- Complete SMTP(S), POP3(S) and IMAP(S) Server
- Spam Protection with Per-User-Quarantine
- Virus Protection
- Mail Filtering (e.g. Mailinglists, Spam)
- Web Access (Webmail, Webbased Rule Configurator?, Webbased Mail Server Configuration?)
- Virtual User supported (no local account on the machine needed)
- MySQL Database preferred

But I really don't want to reinvent the wheel, maybe someone of you already set up a system like this or is able to help? I need some suggestions about choosing the "best" software (postfix, qmail, exim, courier, cyrus, dspam, spamassassin, squirrel, roundcube, horde) and about configuration (authentication backend, razor integration, database usage, filtering rules, spam training).

The setup should follow Arch's KISS principle, therefore the guide should describe a minimal system and different paths to enhance the system. Anyone willing to help or work with me?

Elfenbeinturm.cc
a metaphysical space of solitude and sanctity: http://www.elfenbeinturm.cc

Board footer